Anyone who has taken introductory economics courses can see that there are issues with our current financial system. Debt is at an all-time high, both at a micro and macro level. Many governments, including the United States, are spending more than they take in, and it takes some fancy footwork to keep the bills paid on time.
Some politicians and activists have pointed out an even greater concern: a handful of individuals own a majority of the world’s wealth, leaving billions in poverty.
Some wonder whether government-regulated private and public institutions will be able to create solutions that ensure average citizens have the basic necessities they need for healthy, productive lives.
Bix Weir is a strong critic of current financial policies, and he is focused on educating and encouraging others to examine alternative methods of exchanging goods and services. He has developed the Road to Roota Theory, which shares his predictions for the future of the world’s financial systems.
Who Is Bix Weir?
Weir graduated from the University of California – Santa Barbara in 1986 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Philosophy.
He spent six years working as an Equipment Broker with GE Capital Computer Leasing before moving on to a role as Equipment Manager for Atel Leasing Corporation.
Weir then spent 17 years as the Vice President of Equipment Management at GATX Corporation [NYSE: GATX]. He left GATX [NYSE: GATX] in 2015 to put all of his attention into RoadtoRoota.com, which he founded in 2000.
Weir is particularly knowledgeable in the silver, gold, and cryptocurrency markets, and he regularly shares his insights and predictions on the present and future state of the market with his followers.
What is Road to Roota?
The “Road to Roota” is a term coined by the Federal Reserve in a children’s comic book originally released in 1981. It was updated in 2007.
Roota is the main character, who is focused on helping her town’s citizens reach a mythical “Colorland”.
The accompanying teacher’s guide states that the purpose of the comic is to illustrate economic concepts like scarcity, supply, demand, and rationing for young students.
Weir’s Road to Roota Theory
Weir believes that there is a deeper message in the comic – specifically, that the country and perhaps the world is working to get back to a gold standard.
These are the underlying assumptions of Weir’s Road to Roota Theory:
- All markets have been 100 percent controlled by computer programs since the 1970s in order to steer and control prices thus prolonging the fiat monetary system.
- A powerful cabal of the world’s elite have taken over that market manipulation process and twisted it to enhance their own profits while pretending to service their nation’s best interests.
- In the early 1900s, the United States embarked on a secret policy to hide all of its own natural resources and exploit the rest of the world’s until resource scarcity was fully recognized.
- In order to support the oil-backed US Dollar and the world’s petro-based economic system, the “powers that be” have hidden new energy technologies that would greatly benefit the world’s population as well as the environment.
- Since 9/11 there is a group of people and governments that have decided “enough is enough” and are in the process of removing the banking cabal from their seat of power.
- The planned destruction of the fiat monetary system is the type of “Creative Destruction” event that will force the implementation of a new Gold Standard within the United States.
Weir believes the following events will occur once the current financial system has been replaced:
- The collapse of the fiat monetary system will be total and complete equalizing the playing field between the “haves” and the “have-nots”.
- All paper/electronic debt and assets will evaporate with the collapse of the fiat money system.
- Those who have perpetrated the outrageous and monstrous crimes of the past 100 years will be hunted down and prosecuted (if they are lucky).
- The US will issue a new gold backed currency (domestically) allocating it according to future social security payments due.
- The US will allocate much of the new gold backed money to support the funding of schools, police, health care, infrastructure and other necessities for a fully functioning society.
- Globalization will end upon the collapse of the derivative structure and all countries will end global trade concentrating on their own internal commerce.
- All US overseas troops will return home to protect our borders and ensure the safety of our citizens.
- The US population will be fully employed working to replace all the overseas production lost in the reversal of Globalization.
- The United States will tap into its VAST natural resources that have been hidden away for years in National Parks, Military Bases and sites deemed “Ecologically Sensitive”.
- A vast array of new energy technologies will be revealed since there will be no more need for the “oil standard” that has supported the US Dollar for the past 50 years.
- The implementation of the new monetary system will usher in a glorious new “Golden Age” that the world will embrace after years of being led around like “Sheeple”.
Weir’s goal is to ensure that citizens are prepared for this change when it comes, and that they are not dependent on financial resources that will become obsolete.
Bix Weir on Silver, Gold, and Cryptocurrencies
Weir is quite certain that the gold and silver markets are currently being manipulated. However, even when this issue is resolved and the financial system returns to a gold standard, gold may not be the answer for everyday transactions.
Weir states that gold and silver simply aren’t practical for just-in-time inventory systems. Instead, he believes that cryptocurrencies are most likely to drive future trading. In interviews and on social media, he has promoted a variety of cryptocurrencies, and his current favorite is Litecoin.
The author has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Financhill has a disclosure policy. This post may contain affiliate links or links from our sponsors.